[melbourne-pug] last post

William ML Leslie william.leslie.ttg at gmail.com
Mon May 25 10:02:16 CEST 2015

On 25 May 2015 at 17:10, Juan Nunez-Iglesias <jni.soma at gmail.com> wrote:

> I vote against changing. The default interaction with a mailing list is to
> write back to the list. And Reply-all ends up polluting people's inboxes
> who might have otherwise not wanted to stay on that thread.

+1 for the list being the default reply-to.

It's frustrating either way, but reply-to list usually what you mean to
do.  pypy-dev is an example that does not do this, and every time I use
that list I forget, and email someone privately, messing up the entire
conversation.

Barring a permanent set of coffee-goggles that force you to swear an
undying oath that you really really want to reply to that one user (or
everyone, or the list), and/or a way to configure it in your personal
account in mailman, `reply-to: mpug` is the thing.

--
William Leslie

Notice:
Likely much of this email is, by the nature of copyright, covered under
copyright law.  You absolutely MAY reproduce any part of it in accordance
with the copyright law of the nation you are reading this in.  Any attempt
to DENY YOU THOSE RIGHTS would be illegal without prior contractual
agreement.