[melbourne-pug] last post

Tennessee Leeuwenburg tleeuwenburg at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 04:50:51 CEST 2015

Hi Ben,

I am genuinely not sure I understand your criticism. I don't think that
what you are saying applies to my decision in this case. I don't think I
have deferred responsibility. Deferring responsibility would have been to
not reply.  I am concerned about whether we have the same understanding of
the basic facts and arguments.

Please feel free to email me off list or even give me a ring to discuss.

Regards,
-Tennessee

On 3 June 2015 at 12:44, Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> wrote:

> Tennessee Leeuwenburg <tleeuwenburg at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Thanks for the responses. I appreciate the argument about harm
> > minimisation, and the position that 'best interests' rather than
> > majority rule is appropriate in some circumstances. Those are both
> > valid points.
>
> What of the point that this is a decision to be made by an administrator
> informed about the issues, and not by popular appeal?
>
> > Regardless of that, there is not a clear majority supporting changing
> > the current settings.
>
> It seems you dismiss the idea that the administrator should do what is
> best based on the facts and trade-offs, whether or not it is most
> popular. You defer that responsibility instead to whichever group
> marshals the most voices.
>
> That's a disappointment.
>
> --
>  \      “People always ask me, ‘Where were you when Kennedy was shot?’ |
>   `\                        Well, I don't have an alibi.” —Emo Philips |
> Ben Finney

Tennessee Leeuwenburg
http://myownhat.blogspot.com/
"Don't believe everything you think"