[melbourne-pug] PyCon Rehearsal Date- and Venue

Tennessee Leeuwenburg tleeuwenburg at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 03:07:59 CEST 2015

Hi Javier,

I have a 90 minute tutorial that I ran in 60 minutes for MPUG. I learned a
lot from doing it, despite having a lot of content. I think it's worth
doing, it will help crystallise your thoughts for what to do when it's
'real', and I think tutuorials have more room to go wrong than regular
talks.

Good luck!
-T

On 13 July 2015 at 10:40, <javier at candeira.com> wrote:

> On 2015-07-13 10:06, Oliver Nagy wrote:
>
>> My talk will be <20min (plus questions).
>>

> I have two talks, a 90 minute tutorial and a 45 minute long talk on very
> technically intricate skullduggery. That's why I started this conversation
> on rehearsals, I'm a bit worried about getting it right. However, I also
> realise the amount of material is insane, and I don't know how much to cut
> for the rehearsal and still have it be useful. I guess I have two weeks.
>
> In any case, I've added myself to the wiki, so we know how many people and
> how long their presos are.
>
>  Btw, I have confirmed the Teamsquare venue for 27th of July 6pm.
>>

> Cool, thanks.
>
>  What about the rule I suggested?
>>>

>> I like the sentiment, but I would rather rely on courtesy than rules,
>> especially because I doubt we can enforce the rule.
>>

> Sure, I didn't mean an enforceable rule, just a request/reminder. Please
> excuse the wording. "I like the sentiment" is the kind of answer I was
> looking for.
>
> Regards,
>
> Javier Candeira

Tennessee Leeuwenburg