[melbourne-pug] Job Opportunity - Software Engineer/Developer (Python)

Javier Candeira javier at candeira.com
Thu Feb 26 01:59:28 CET 2015

I think there is a difference between a job offer on a community list and a
recruiter non-offer.

Job offers that I can remember came from the BOM, Medibank, Biarri, Graeme
Gumnow. They spoke of the stack being used, the kind of job, and often a
clear salary expectation. They were also by someone who was part of the
community and could engage in meaningful discussion.

These type of job leads are great, and I think should be very welcome on
this list.

The ad we are discussing now:
- Does not mention an employer, or even an activity
- Does not mention a tech stack
- Has a salary bracket so wide as to be meaningless
- Is by someone who won't discuss the job or the employer, and does not
form part of the MPUG community.

For that, anybody interested or looking for a job can do a search
themselves on Seek or Monster for Python/Melbourne. There is zero loss to
the community in keeping this type of messages off the list.

I repeat my request that these messages not be approved, following the
criteria that I set in the previous recruiter thread.

Regards,

Javier Candeira