[melbourne-pug] small talk at next meeting

Scott Junner scott.junner at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 12:51:17 CEST 2014

To tell you the truth, at this point in my programming career I wouldn't
know an Anaconda from a hot drink. So I don't really know what to use. I'm
asking to present to this group because it's the only group I belong to
(been to one session so far) and the only road in I have. I figure I've got
nothing to lose by asking.

The idea originated from one of the chaps I was talking to while searching
for a place to live in Melbourne. I mentioned I was learning programming
and he asked if I could help him fix a problem he was having with his
computer...I removed some spamware...he saw me as some sort of demi-god and
started pitching me his closely guarded idea.

I told him I knew of a group of people I could talk to about it to see what
it might take to get it to work. It seems feasible, and there's a massive
routinely pissed off audience who'd happily fork out for the service he
wants to provide.

I think it would benefit the group because it would get them all thinking
together about a problem and make use of the talent in the room. We may not
get too far but I think it would be kinda fun and help strengthen the
community feels.

Regards
Scott