[melbourne-pug] Any Python-gnuPG success on Windows 7 and Python 3.3

David Crisp dcrisp at netspace.net.au
Tue May 27 05:52:45 CEST 2014

Has anybody had any success getting Python-GnuPG working with Python3.3 on
Windows 7?

When I run it I get all sorts of errors that look likes its not really
likeing the way the arguments are handled.

It looks like the Argument / Attribute code isnt working properly.
Before I push this back at the authors I was just wanting to make sure I
was using it properly.

THe documentation SAYS it works with windows BUT it only provides Linux
examples.  So I MIGHT very well be implimenting it incorrectly.

Code:
import gnupg
pathtobin = "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\GNU\\GnuPG\\pub\\GPG.exe"
gpg = gnupg.GPG(gpgbinary = pathtobin, verbose = 'True')
print(gpg)

Errors:

C:\Python33\python.exe
C:/Users/dcrisp/Documents/Python/origin/gpgdecrypt.py
C:\Program Files (x86)\GNU\GnuPG\pub\GPG.exe --status-fd 2 --no-tty
--version
'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "C:/Users/dcrisp/Documents/Python/origin/gpgdecrypt.py",
line 12, in <module>
     gpg = gnupg.GPG(gpgbinary = pathtobin, verbose = 'True')
   File "C:\Python33\lib\site-packages\gnupg.py", line 669, in __init__
     result.stderr))
ValueError: Error invoking gpg: 1: 'C:\Program' is not recognized as an
internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

It looks like the attribute / argument generation code isnt working
correctly.

Looks like the fault (if there is one) is around line 687 in gnupg.py.
But thats just a very rough guess and I have NO idea what to do to repair
it.

Regards,
David