[melbourne-pug] Data type assumptions in Python

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Thu Sep 5 06:37:34 CEST 2013

Javier Candeira <javier at candeira.com> writes:

> I have a sorted list.

What do you mean? Is this a Python builtin list that you have sorted? If
not, where did this ‘sorted_list’ come from?

> I can put in all numeric or all strs, or any type that's orderable to
> all the others:

> [1, 2.0, 3, 4, 5.0, 6, 7]
>
> But if I put in an incompatible/unorderable type, I get a TypeError:
> not comparable.

Who is “I” in all this? There are multiple points of responsibility
being discussed, and I don't know which one you're identifying with by
“I”.

--
 \     “Dare to be naïve.” —Richard Buckminster Fuller, personal motto |
Ben Finney