[melbourne-pug] Yesterday's MPUG session and going forward

dan dan.peade at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 01:37:47 CEST 2013

Slightly off topic but don't worry you're not the only one who finds it
daunting:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-08-29/preference-deals-could-benefit-micro-parties-at/4920822

It's obviously broken and needs to be fixed but awesome that there's a tool
to help work around it in the interim.

On 3 September 2013 22:39, Javier Candeira <javier at candeira.com> wrote:

> Oh, yesterday we forgot to talk about http://www.belowtheline.org.au/ !
>
> Below The Line is a service by MPUG's own Benno Rice (with Michael
> Pearson and data from the Australian Electoral Commission) to help
> citizens know what they are voting for when they vote for a party's
> preference ticket instead of voting below the line.
>
> As a new citizen, I find all of this as daunting as it's fascinating.
> And as a daunted voter, I find Below The Line an incredibly useful
> resource to help me navigate my voting choices.
>
> Thanks, Benno!

Peace!
Dan

Homer's Brain: Use reverse psychology.
Homer: Oh, that sounds too complicated.
Homer's Brain: Okay, don't use reverse psychology.
Homer: Okay, I will!