[melbourne-pug] Next MPUG meeting, next Monday 5th of November

Javier Candeira javier at candeira.com
Tue Oct 30 12:45:52 CET 2012

Hi everyone.

Next Monday is the first Monday of the month, so I guess that means we
have a date for Python hijinks, pizza and beer, hosted by Inspire 9 at
1/41 Stewart Street in Richmond.

Pizza will be ordered after a show of hands bearing $10 bills, and
beer is from the Inspire 9 fridge, $5 contribution strongly
encouraged, come on, don't be a moocher!

I have spent the past week wrangling the Rackspace Cloudserver Nextgen
API for a client, so I will be giving a talk about the clouds, with a
minishow of the apache-libcloud library and a minimal discussion of
pros and cons of Rackspace Cloud vs AWS.

An unnamed soul has also written themselves up on the wiki for a talk
about building an universal remote control with Arduino and Python.

And there's always more time, so if anybody has a talk they'd like to
give, or a question they'd like to ask the assembled Python community
of Melbourne and environs, please speak up here on the list, or go add
yourself directly in the wiki:
http://j.mp/mpug

Cheers,

Javier