[melbourne-pug] python on webservice

Rory Hart hartror at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 08:37:38 CEST 2012

Hi superjack

A web framework like Django would work fine for you as django is the server
in a client/server model that talks HTTP.

You can use urllib & urllib2 as the client and talk to your server that way.

Beyond that there are lot of python web frameworks and depending on your
project (size, scope, likelihood of growth beyond original features and
requirements to integrate with existing code) you may want to choose
another one (or not). Google around and take a look.

Other options to explore are:

http://www.pylonsproject.org/ another web framework, lighter weight than
Django and could be your best option if you are doing a small one off
project. It can also grow with your project if required.

http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ this is a bit more closer to the metal than
a web framework and you can write many different types of clients/servers
with this library (including HTTP ones).

Good luck hope this helps.

--
Rory Hart
http://www.roryhart.net