[melbourne-pug] Changing file CREATION date with python 2.7(.3)under Windows 7

David Crisp dcrisp at netspace.net.au
Wed Jun 6 04:22:49 CEST 2012

Is there any way of changing the file creation date using python 2.7.3
under windows 7?

The problem is;  I have 3000 photos taken on a digital camera during my
recent holiday.  The digital camera time clock was off by 45 minutes.  I
have photos(7000) taken on a second digital camera which had its time set
correctly!.  I want to be able to merge the photos and have them all
sorted in the right sequence.

I have used python already to modify the EXIF data of these images to have
the correct date taken data.  I would like the file creation date to
reflect this. (if only to prevent future confusion about which photos were
taken when)

Regards,
David Crisp