[melbourne-pug] [JOB] Software Architect | Melbourne | $150K Circa

Julien Viard | 10collective julien at 10collective.com.au
Wed Feb 15 23:20:02 CET 2012

Hi everyone,

I hope you're all well!

I wanted to run this advert to the group and find out if anyone was interested? Or knew anyone who could be? I reckon it's a pretty sweet role...

See below,

Thanks!

Melbourne start-up focusing on Multimedia online software and search engine technologies looking for a Software Architect.

·       Inner north location

·       Their products are going to blow your mind

·       Up to $150K + super

Alright, what we have here is not your usual company or your usual start-up (thinking they have come up with the best idea ever, when they are actually building an iPhone app to help you with the temperature of your cuppa). What we have is a solid company that has worked on a series of products for the last 4 years, have been financially backed by some highly respected investors, have built some online software, and are going to blow your socks off. Trust me, it’s gonna be big.

With the release of the beta version of their main product scheduled in the next few weeks, the guys are super busy but still thinking forward, already planning on the next version and what needs to be improved, hence the need for a Software Architect to come on board and complement this talented team.

So, what will you be doing?

·       Liaise with the Lead Producer to deliver release and sprints goals

·       Define, introduce and maintain best practice software, database and environment architecture throughout the business

·       Ensure the development team adheres to coding standards and development processes

·       Be the technical expert across all aspects of the product

·       Proactively identify, mitigate, maintain and report on development issues to management

You do have kick ass skills and experience in the following:

·       JavaScript, Python and Ruby

·       Leading a Team

·       Requirements elicitation and prioritization

·       Agile methodologies such as Scrum

·       5+ years of commercial web development experience

·       Familiarity with Test Driven Development

·       Building and maintaining software with distributed computing paradigms like Pub-Sub

·       Common software patterns and uses, especially MVC

·       An appreciation of common security issues in web development

 And you might have played with, or at least heard of and got excited by:

·       ElasticSearch, RabbitMQ, Backbone.js, Celery, Selenium, Cassandra

·       Both relational and NoSQL database technologies

Based on what I’ve seen over the years, roles like this one don’t arise that often. The company that I’m representing will radically change the way we interact with the internet and how we search it. Yep, just that. So, if you think you have what it takes and want to be part of something big, well, you should polish up your CV and send it to enquiries at 10collective.com.au and quote reference M2504. If you think we should talk first, give me (Julien) a call at the office on 03 9935 9409.

Cheers,
Julien

Julien Viard
Consultant

ph:	03 9935 9409
m: 	0403 648 687
e:	julien at 10collective.com.au
w:	www.10collective.com.au
h:	Level 2, Suite B, 274 Brunswick St, Fitzroy, VIC 3065