[melbourne-pug] getting new feature into python

Richard Jones r1chardj0n3s at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 02:42:13 CEST 2011

On 5 June 2011 18:39, Brian May <brian at microcomaustralia.com.au> wrote:
> Just wondered if anybody here had experience getting new features into python?
>
> http://bugs.python.org/issue6560
>
> I was told "In short, I think that you just need to find a core
> developer interested".

Or you could become one!

The barrier to entry is not that high. If you're willing to wait, and
are able to attend, then there'll be an opportunity to learn about
such things and put it into practise at PyCon Au in Sydney in August.
Nick Coghlan will be talking about how core development works, and
we'll be running 3 days of sprints immediately after the conference
during which you would have plenty of time to commit the patch.

If that's not an option for you then I recommend reading
http://docs.python.org/devguide/ and signing up to