[melbourne-pug] multi threaded/process web apps

James Alford mydnite1 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 02:20:49 CEST 2011

After a bit of research and implementation trials I have settled somewhat.

For the moment rabbitmq and python with pika (rabbitmq client) will
plug some of the holes with the php project.  Once that is stable I
will move the php project to maintenance releases and start
redevelopment in django.

Moving forward i'm looking at a django, celery and rabiitmq combo to
give me what I need.  PHP is great for relatively simple web service
based web apps.  That is probably where it should stay.

Thanks to everyone for your input and advice.