[melbourne-pug] Fwd: Senior Python Developer, Sydney to Silicon Valley

Pomke Nohkan pomke at pomke.com
Mon Apr 4 05:36:46 CEST 2011

Hiya Anthony,

It's a scene that portrays the rampant homophobia and abuse in the military
at that time in the US. I think the take home message about it being on
their careers page is that in the best case scenario, they (grokvod) have no
grasp of diversity issues at all.  Worst case it is a deliberate,
not-so-subtle message to perspective employees that anyone other than
'straight white males' need not apply.

- Pomke

On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 10:29 AM, Anthony Briggs <anthony.briggs at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 4 April 2011 09:48, Benno Rice <benno at jeamland.net> wrote:
> >> I would personally advise not getting involved.  I was in a business run
> by Robert Yearsley before and I would never, never go near him again.
> >>
> >> Thanks for the note Benno! I'm not personally involved, I just happen to
> subscribe to sydneypython and forward on messages when I think they might
> have some local interest.
> >
> > That's cool, I just want people to avoid the experience I had. =)
>
> I was wondering about the Full Metal Jacket image on their employment page.
>
> That, and that they have a CEO and COO, but no technical people.
>
> Anthony

     _.--.
    .'   ` '   Pomke Nohkan
     ``'.  .'     .c-..  Spotted Skunk