[melbourne-pug] Python news

Graeme Cross gcross at fastmail.fm
Wed Sep 15 03:53:46 CEST 2010

On Wed, 15 Sep 2010 11:06 +1000, "Rasjid Wilcox"
<rasjidw at openminddev.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been a long time subscriber to lwn.net, but as time goes by I'm
> finding that I'm becoming more of a "Python" person and less of a
> "Linux" person.  So I'm after recommendations for a good Python news
> source.  I was getting PyMag (http://www.pythonmagazine.com/) for a
> while, but it seems completely dead now.  :-(
>
> Cheers,
> Rasjid.

Python-URL is a good weekly email summary of interesting Python news and
discussions, and has links to a range of other news sources.

I don't know know if there is a nice web interface to subscribing. To
quote the newsletter:

> To receive a new issue of this posting in e-mail each Monday morning
> (approximately), ask <claird at phaseit.net> to subscribe.  Mention
> "Python-URL!".  Write to the same address to unsubscribe.

A new magazine is PET (an Argentinian Python mag that now has an English
translation): http://revista.python.org.ar/

As other people have mentioned, Reddit and Planet Python are also often
good sources of news.

Regards
Graeme