[melbourne-pug] Next meeting: Tuesday 11th August

Richard Jones r1chardj0n3s at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 03:36:24 CEST 2009

Thanks everyone who turned up on the rather nasty night last night.

I'd like to propose we gather again on the second Tuesday of August,
the 11th. I'm volunteering to present "Adventures in IronPython" which
promises to be both educational and entertaining.

Venue to be determined... We'll need to have the next meeting
somewhere we can have a projector. The criteria are, in a rough order
of importance:

1. projector-friendly (or installed!)
2. in the CBD or at a pinch reasonably close to the CBD
3. liquid refreshments
4. food

Suggestions? I've heard the Redback but it's a bit of a hike out of
the CBD.

I'd like to meet on the second Tuesday of every even month from now
on. I believe that doesn't conflict with any existing user group. I am
aware of:

- LUV (first Tuesday of each month)
- Melbourne PerlMongers (second Wednesday of each month)
- Melbourne X Users Group (third Wednesday of each month)
- Melbourne PHP Users Group (not sure)
- ??

I'm also interested in trying to get the word out wider, so if you're
on another related Melbourne-ish list I'd appreciate you plugging MPUG
on that list; in particular when there's an announcement of the next
meeting. The handy link to pass on to people is http://wiki.python.org/moin/MelbournePUG

     Richard