IPC between Medusa Modules?

weissblitz@y... weissblitz@y...
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 19:48:49 -0000

I'm developing a messaging/chat client/server application using
Medusa for the server side. It is composed of HTTP, FTP, messaging,
chat (IRC like), and a user manager to manage user profile
information. I can have any number of these components running, some
on different machines accross the network. These components
need to connect to the user manager component for user authentication
and profile information. What would be the most efficient way of IPC
between the modules? Named pipes? Sockets? SOAP? RPC?

Also, whare can I get additional information on how to use the
monitor server. I can connect to it and get the Python prompt but i
would like to know what things I can do with this.

Thanks in advance,
Carlos :)

PS: Love Medusa! Thanks to all who put their time and effort into
developing and improving Medusa. Keep up the good work.