[medusa] Adding poll() to Python 2.0

Sam Rushing rushing@n...
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 20:35:20 -0700 (PDT)

Andrew Kuchling writes:
> I'm looking at Medusa for work-related reasons, and noticed
> pollmodule.c on the Medusa page; I'd like to see the poll()
> function get into Python 2.0 (probably added to the posix module,
> judging by the reactions so far). Any objections? And who wrote
> pollmodule.c in the first place?

I wrote that particular pollmodule.c, I don't know if there are
others. I think the idea of putting it into the posix module is a
good one, actually: we have never used the poll support at eGroups
simply because we have another module named 'poll' that does something
completely unrelated. Probably a pretty common problem.

[I was about to ask about moving select() over there, too, but I see
that this has already started a discussion on python-dev]

-Sam