[medusa] Re: drop in medusa?

cmenzel@s... cmenzel@s...
Mon, 30 Aug 1999 12:28:07 -0700

original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/medusa/?start=71
wrote:

> > Hi,
> > I administer a site running apache with basic .htaccess
authorization.
> > I would like to 'drop in' medusa but need to use the existing
htaccess/
> > htpasswd files already in place. Is there a module to use or is this
> > built into medusa?
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> medusa is a framework in and of itself.. it doesn't have support for
> apache-like htaccess or htpasswd files that I am aware of, though it
> wouldn't be all that hard to write a module that could parse them or
at
> least convert it to something useable. could you describe a little
more
> about the application, and maybe we can work something out?
>
> regards,
> --
> || visit gfd <http://quark.newimage.com/>
> || psa member #293 <http://www.python.org/>
> || New Image Systems & Services, Inc. <http://www.newimage.com/>

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. The site is commercial in that customers pay for
access to certain directories. Upon payment a cgi program adds their
name and password to the .htpasswd file. Having discovered python and
medusa I would very much like to be able to replace apache. I am just
begining
my learning curve with python so I need to come up to speed. The site
delivers 800 meg a month and the files are between 30 and 200k. I feel
sure
Medusa woould be of benefit to my clients.

Thanks,
Chris