[Matrix-SIG] RE: CXX and Numeric

Yoon, Hoon (CICG - NY Program Trading) HYoon@exchange.ml.com
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 15:25:53 -0400

Paul,

  Thanks for your response. I do not have a great deal to complaint at the
moment. As many of Python related stuff, I was fully expecting things are on
the process status as usual. I was just merely trying to gather info if
available.
  If you have anything simple code that takes numeric as arg and return
numeric back for Cxx, I would appreciate it. As I understand it, Cxx is
currently for one dimension only? Is any improvement in works?
  Anyway CXX is a wonderful change, however, from the C interface, which I
could never figuire out. I don't know C++, bu t it took me basically 2-3
hours to go through the example and I am writing a fairly complicated data
interface with it already. I am so happy about finally being able to wrap
stuff in C.
  One small Q if you don't mind. How does one append list to a list (or
Tuple)? So far this is  what I have come up with.
a.append(aux) apparently send out address of not the values of aux. This is
quite diff from way Python does it normally.
This will do what I want it to, but a little bit ugly.

	List a, Nada;
	List ans, aux;
	aux.append(Int(3));
	aux.append(Float(6.0));

	a.append(Float(0.0));
	a.append(aux);

	a.append(Tuple(aux));

	aux.append(Float(99.0));

	aux = Nada;
	aux.append(Float(111.1));
	a.append(Tuple(aux));
  Thank you much for everything.

S. Hoon Yoon                   (Quant)                    Merrill Lynch
Equity Trading
yelled@yahoo.com hoon@bigfoot.com(w)
"Miracle is always only few standard deviations away, but so is
catastrophe."
* Expressed opinions are often my own, but NOT my employer's.
"I feel like a fugitive from the law of averages."    Mauldin