[Matrix-SIG] N-D Convolution routine

Travis Oliphant Oliphant.Travis@mayo.edu
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 17:14:24 -0600 (EST)

One of the things that I think NumPy could really benefit from is a good
set of Signal/Image/Array Processing routines.

One fundamental part of that area is a general N-D convolution routine.
I have a first version of an N-D convolution routine that I am proposing
for inclusion in the multiarraymodule.c source code.

I have tested it and it seems to work for all supported types and is
useable now.  At some time I would like it to be polished off with some
appropriate broadcasting rules, so that one could, for
example, do 2-D convolution on each plane of a 3-D volume with one
statement.

If anyone is interested in this routine which I have called
convolveND send me email, or post to this list.

What would be the method of getting it included in the multiarraymodule
proper??

Thanks,

Travis
Oliphant.Travis@mayo.edu

Travis Oliphant            200 First St SW
    	                   Rochester MN 55905
Ultrasound Research Lab	   (507) 286-5293
Mayo Graduate School	   Oliphant.Travis@mayo.edu