[Matrix-SIG] JNumeric 0.1 alpha 4 is available.

Tim Hochberg tim.hochberg@ieee.org
Sun, 4 Oct 1998 11:40:26 -0600

From the readme file:
---------------------------

JNumeric-0.1a4

WHAT IS JNUMERIC?

JNumeric provides the functionality for JPython that Numeric does for
CPython. As the Numeric documentation states, Numeric is "...a
collection of extension modules to provide high-performance
multidimensional numeric arrays to the Python programming language."
As of JNumeric-0.1a4, JNumeric provides the same functionality as the
core of Numeric module, although it does not provide any of the
Standard extensions to Numeric module (FFT, LinearAlgebra,
RandomArray, Matrix, MLab, and UserArray).

OBTAINING JNUMERIC