[Matrix-SIG] Special functions in NumPy

Travis E. Oliphant Oliphant.Travis@mayo.edu
Mon, 09 Nov 1998 04:56:12 -0600

To those interested in special functions under NumPy:

Thanks for the suggestions I've received.

I've spent a little while playing with the umathmodule.c code and
managed to get a working (but minimal) cephes module made --- ufunc
style.  I must say I am very impressed with the ufunc interface.  It was
really a snap to get a function working with NumPy arrays and types.
Great job to thos involved in its design and coding.

I don't expect it to take too long to have most of the cephes (double)
library wrapped up into a beta module.

If anyone has anymore suggestions regarding this project please let me
know.

Thanks,

Travis

--
Travis Oliphant            200 First St SW
Graduate Student           Rochester MN 55901