[MATRIX-SIG] NumPy external library wrapping help

Douglas R. Heisterkamp dheister@jaguar1.usouthal.edu
Wed, 11 Mar 1998 20:20:56 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 11 Mar 1998, Johann Hibschman wrote:

<snip>
> I hope that helps with the idea at least; I can't provide more details
> at this point.
>
> Calling the python function is likely to be slow slow slow, which is
> why I've never actually done this.  If you get it running, I'd like to
> hear about how the performance is.
>
> I'd like to hear what anyone else thinks about this.

If you would like to see an old try at it, look at
ftp://ftp.cse.unl.edu/pub/drh/python/drhfn.tar.gz

I never released the code, because I could see many better ways
of doing it.  But I never had enough of a need to actually spend
the time try the other approaches.  An example is include of using
either a python or a Fortran function as a callback in ODRPACK.
This worked with 1.4.  I have not tried it with 1.5.

Doug Heisterkamp

drh@cis.usouthal.edu