[Matrix-SIG] Reading binary data from file into NumPy arrays: numpyio

Janko Hauser jhauser@ifm.uni-kiel.de
Thu, 18 Jun 1998 18:27:51 +0200 (CEST)

hinsen writes:
 > [Description of a very interesting module deleted.]
 >
 > > If anyone is interested in my source code, let me know and I will send
 > > it to you or let me know where to put it.
 >
 > That again raises the issue of distributing NumPy-related code.
 > How about creating an archive on starship? I'd volunteer to take care
 > of it. Or does someone have a better idea?

I think we definetly need something like an archive. But I fear that
we also need some tests for quality (justifing from my own attempts
to give other some code).

So my wish is make more code public available for testing and also
different solutions to a given problem. Than in a second pass collect
the more useful pieces and make a central archive of them. I fear if
we only have a contrib-like directory and there is some bad or
not enough tested code in it, the hole package (NumPy) get bad
credits. If we can separate this and perhaps also have some ways for
regression tests for the released code all will look better.

__Janko