[MATRIX-SIG] compiling NumPy for Windows

Andrey Kaliazin KaliazinA@cardiff.ac.uk
Thu, 29 Jan 1998 18:21:05 GMT0BST

Hi, wizards!
I am Andrey Kaliazin, russian, working in Cardiff on contract.
I deal with some simulations in solid state physics, and I am
interesting im MD. So I've found in internet very attractive
Konrad's MMTK and Python itself.
It seems to be my favorite language in future ( after russian and
english :-)

Unfortunately, (in this case) I work in Win'95 environ. and nearly
zero in C/C++ . But I want to build python executive with netCDF
support. (compiled binaries works fine, thanks to all providers!)
I have all last versions of suits -
Python-1.5 source and binary;
netCDF-3.3a-win32dll,
Konrad's  MMTK-1.1b1,   netcdfmodule dated Nov.97,
NumPy-1.0b3,
NumPyLib-1.0b2

I have included manually netcdfmodule in project and two strings in
config.c to init netCDF, NumPy's "arrayobject.h" is also on path.

But linker fails.
Visual C++ 4.2 compiler say:
Creating library vc40/python15.lib and object vc40/python15.exp
netcdfmodule.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_PyArray_Return
netcdfmodule.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_PyArray_FromDims
netcdfmodule.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_PyArray_ContiguousFromObject
vc40/python15.dll :   fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.
Can anybody give me idea, what's going on?

Sincerely,

Andy

---
A. Kaliazin
Research Associate
School of Engineering, University of Wales, Cardiff
P.O.Box 689 Newport Rd, Cardiff, CF2 3TF,  UK
phone: +(1222) 874000 ext. 5950   FAX: +(1222) 874420

home address:
flat 1, 28, Monthermer Rd.,
Cathays, Cardiff CF2 4RA, UK