[MATRIX-SIG] compiling NumPy for Windows

Paul F. Dubois Paul F. Dubois" <dubois1@llnl.gov
Tue, 3 Feb 1998 09:07:27 -0800

No, we need to supply project files for Windows and your stuff for Unix. I'm
in the process of doing that. In the process I'm trying to rationalize the
arrangement of the source directory. I have the Wise installer software and
am learning how to use it for making the Windows installer.

I'm going to proceed on the premise that the installation on each platform
includes the library and include files because such a high percentage of
users are also going to be extenders.  I will have a proposal for you
shortly about what I think the "installed" and "source" sides should look
like. Suggestions are welcome, of course.

Too bad I don't have more experience on Windows...here are some questions I
could stand some help with.

a. I believe an "extender" would need the .lib and the .pyd both. What about
the .exp file? The .def? Anything else?
b. How do you tell Wise to adjust Python's path in the registry?

I will eventually digest all of this but any pointers would help me get this
out faster.