[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] Numeric Python 1.0 Beta 2 is available

Konrad Hinsen hinsen@ibs.ibs.fr
Thu, 20 Mar 1997 19:10:55 +0100

> > Part of the problem is that NumPy installs its Python modules in a
> > special subdirectory of the Python standard library. Although I like
> > this feature, it is not strictly necessary (the subdirectory does
> > not provide a separater "namespace"), and it causes a significant
> > part of the installation trouble. Should we perhaps drop it for now?
>
> I've found that all I need to do is to add NumPy to the main Makefile's
> LIBSUBDIRS variable, follow the instructions in NumPy/INSTALL, and it
> works fine.  What are the other problems?

Without the added path, steps 3b and 4 of my modified instructions
could be dropped. Step 6 would be reduced to a simple "make install",
instead of the longish explanation there is now. What's left would be:

1) Unpack archives
2) Edit Modules/Setup
3) make install

Konrad.
Konrad Hinsen                          | E-Mail: hinsen@ibs.ibs.fr
Laboratoire de Dynamique Moleculaire   | Tel.: +33-4.76.88.99.28
Institut de Biologie Structurale       | Fax:  +33-4.76.88.54.94
41, av. des Martyrs                    | Deutsch/Esperanto/English/
38027 Grenoble Cedex 1, France         | Nederlands/Francais