[MATRIX-SIG] reverse of take?

Zane C. Motteler motteler@laura.llnl.gov
Mon, 30 Jun 1997 12:32:41 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 30 Jun 1997, Aaron Watters wrote:

>okey dokey.  (sorry 2 beers at lunch).
>I propose that arraytype[arraytype] automatically be interpreted
>as (1) gather as a value (2) scatter as an l-value.  I apologize if
>this is obviously dumb, incompatible with existing usage, or
>already proposed (I'm new, remember, don't hurt me!) :).

Aaron,

I agree with you and I'm not even new. My "scatter" is not so
general, however. With a little work it could be. Now all I need
is the time.

Zane

Zane C. Motteler, Ph. D.                  ___________ALSO:_________________
Computer Scientist                        | Professor Emeritus of Computer|
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory    |   Science and Engineering     |
P O Box 808, L-472                        | California Polytechnic State  |
Livermore, CA 94551-9900                  |   University, San Luis Obispo |
FAX 510/423-9969
zcm@llnl.gov or motteler@laura.llnl.gov or zmottel@calpoly.edu