[MATRIX-SIG] [long] A NO-Proposal for a plot-package

Johann Hibschman johann@physics.berkeley.edu
Tue, 22 Jul 1997 11:02:19 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 22 Jul 1997, Zane C. Motteler wrote:

> Just a reminder that we have a working, pretty decent 2d-3d scientific
> graphics package working with Gist (a public domain graphics engine from
> LLNL). The Python interface is object-oriented, consisting of Graph
> objects, geometric objects which can be shipped to Graph objects,
> and Plotter objects which can be used to plot them. This is pretty much
> as I described in my talks at the last two Python meetings. The 3-D
> graphics is much enhanced since I first talked about it at the
> Washington meeting last year.

Does the Gist module still require patching the Python source?  The last
time I checked, the latest version required a set of patches which managed
to confuse the latest version of SWIG, so I turned to other packages.
(SuperMongo, anyone?)

- Johann

---
Johann A. Hibschman         | Grad student in Physics, working in Astronomy.
johann@physics.berkeley.edu | Probing pulsar pair production processes.