[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] Integrated Python/NumPy distribution available

Konrad Hinsen hinsen@ibs.ibs.fr
Fri, 18 Apr 1997 11:36:58 +0200

Following several complaints from prospective users of my recently
announced molecular modelling toolkit about difficulties with installing
NumPy, I have prepared a modified Python 1.4 distribution that includes
NumPy (and also my netCDF module, but that is comparatively trivial).
It should be of interest to other users of NumPy who had problems with
installation.

Unfortunately the file is too big to put on my Web site, but the
Laboratoire de Chimie théorique de Nancy offered to host it on their
server. You can get it from
     http://www.lctn.u-nancy.fr/services/mmtk/

This distribution also fixes the CObject linking problem under Irix 6.2/6.3
(a small change to "configure").
Konrad Hinsen                          | E-Mail: hinsen@ibs.ibs.fr
Laboratoire de Dynamique Moleculaire   | Tel.: +33-4.76.88.99.28
Institut de Biologie Structurale       | Fax:  +33-4.76.88.54.94
41, av. des Martyrs                    | Deutsch/Esperanto/English/
38027 Grenoble Cedex 1, France         | Nederlands/Francais