[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] More naming/module issues

Michael McLay mclay@eeel.nist.gov
Tue, 10 Sep 1996 06:53:30 GMT

Perry A. Stoll writes:

 > On Mon, 9 Sep 1996, Konrad Hinsen wrote:
 >
 > > > And you don't get them.  If your code says
 > > >
 > > > 	import FFT.NAG
 > > >
 > > > then FFT.FFTPACK and others are not loaded.  So this sounds about right.
 > >
 > > It seems I have missed some important feature of Python. How can I get
 > > the symbol "NAG" in module "FFT" assigned to a module without
 > > writing "import NAG" inside FFT.py?
 > >
 > > Konrad
 >
 > You can't do it by importing the "module" FFT, but the FFT "package"
 > should do just fine. It's a nice feature - you should definitely find out
 > about it. There is documentation on packages at the head of the file ni.py
 > in the standard distribution.

Be sure to use the ni.py module from either the latest version of
grail or from the 1.4bx distribution.  There was a two line fix in
the new release that makes ni much easier to use.  (The default
behavior is what is described above.)  If you use the older release
trying to do this would raise an exception.