[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] graphics

Jim Hugunin hugunin@mit.edu
Fri, 11 Oct 1996 16:45:30 -0400

> Just curious about the plans to include graphics abilities into python,
> and decided to ask here, since NumPy would seriously benefit from this.

I've personally done very little along these lines (my own work uses the
much too general purpose OpenGL).  Folks at LLNL have developed interfaces
to both Narcisse and GIST which seem like very nice graphics packages.  I'm
not sure if these work with NumPy1.0, or only 0.36.

There's also been work on a plplotmodule, but its been abandonded.

-Jim