[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] Re: building problems on DEC Alphas

Jim Hugunin hugunin@mit.edu
Fri, 29 Mar 1996 11:18:17 -0500

Both of these issues are related entirely to the Numerical extension and
should really be discussed in the matrix-sig. I hate to sound like a net
cop, but the main reason for this is that I pay a great deal of
attention to bugs reported to the sig, while I skip many of the postings
to the main newsgroup.

Your problem lies in ofuncobject.c, and if you add the following line to
the top of this file, this problem should go away.

#define HAVE_FINITE

(Interestingly enough, I just ran into this problem myself this morning
as I was trying to get some code to run on our alcors).

As to your qeustion about cluster analysis, I'd be interested to hear
what answers you get.

-Jim

Carlos Maltzahn wrote:

Does anybody know about cluster analysis software that could be easily
integrated into Numerical Python? Or even better, is there already
such a module out there?