[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] compiling v0.35 by Symantec C

Groma Geza GROMA@everx.szbk.u-szeged.hu
Thu, 21 Mar 1996 16:15:30 MET

 Steve Spicklemire wrote:

        > Here is my original note to Jim. I also have diffs around
        > somewhere.
        >
        > -steve
        >
        > --------
        >
        > OK... well it took a lot longer than I would've figured
        > to get python compiling and running under windows.. but
        > once I got that.. the matrix module worked without much
        > change. The one that stumped me for a bit was endless
        > complaints about the 'complex' type. After much gnashing
        > of teeth it turns out that MSoft defines it's own complex
        > type in <math.h> so..... if you include "mymath.h" before
        > "allobjects.h" in any module/object that deals with the complex
        > type, then all is well.

Math.h of Symantec C  includes complex in the form:

struct complex
{
   double x,y;
};

This did not conflict with Konrad Hinsen's  allobjects.h and
complexobject.h distributed in v0.35.

        > Also, the Windows port needs
        >
        > HAVE_HYPOT
        >
        > defined in config.h for the math modules to build without
        > complaint.

I used config.h distributed in the latest version of PythonWin. That defines HAVE_HYPOT.

   > Finally, M_PI needs to be defined as well.

Symantec math.h includes

#define PI		3.14159265358979323846
#define	M_PI		PI

In addition M_PI is defined  in umathmodule.c, fast_umathmodule.c and
cmathmodule.c of v0.35.

Geza I. Groma
Institute of Biophysics
Biological Research Centre of Hungarian Academy of Sciences
Szeged, Hungary