[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] Efficient data reading

Fredrik Lundh fredrik_lundh@ivab.se
Wed, 6 Mar 1996 22:41:43 +0100

> BTW - has anybody heard anything more about the image module discussed
> a while back on this list?  It sounds like it might be very helpful
> here.

An image-sig have been formed, but not yet activated.  I've been a bit
too busy writing articles and holding seminars on Python...

Anyway, feel free to sign up (image-sig-request@python.org), but don't
expect any activity (not this week, at least :-).  A formal
announcement will be posted to the news group real soon now.

The Python Imaging Library, release 0.1, is nearly completed, and I
hope to release it within a few weeks.  I've even written a handbook
for it...

Regards	/F