[Matplotlib-users] hiding segment of contour

Slavin, Jonathan jslavin at cfa.harvard.edu
Fri Feb 16 11:30:13 EST 2024

Hi,

I'm wanting to plot a contour over an image. The call to contour with only
one level set results in two distinct segments, one a closed inner segment
and one an open outer segment. I used to be able to do something like:
c = ax.contour(image, level=[value], origin='lower')
c.collections[0].set_edgecolors(['w','None'])

and the closed inner segment didn't display. Now it doesn't work anymore.
I'm not finding any way to access separate segments. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jon

--
Jonathan D. Slavin (he/him)
Astrophysicist - High Energy Astrophysics Division