[Matplotlib-users] Setting xticks rotation in matplotlibrc

Éric Depagne eric at depagne.org
Thu Oct 14 10:01:30 EDT 2021

Hi all,

I'm trying to set the rotation angle of the xticks in my matplotlibrc file
using the following:
xtick.rotation:       45
But it has no effect.
When I start ipython, it loads my matplotlibrc file and I get the following
message:
Bad key xtick.rotation in file /home/eric/.config/matplotlib/matplotlibrc, line
472 ('xtick.rotation:       45')

I wonder if that's the expected behaviour, and that one can only set the
rotation using
plt.xticks(rotation=45)

Thanks.
Éric.