[Matplotlib-users] Add disconnected lines to a plot

EK Esawi ekesawi at yahoo.com
Sat May 2 19:08:02 EDT 2020

Hi All—

I am new to Matplotlib. I created a plot and I want to add a set of straight lines from a set of (x,y) coordinates (2D list). I want to have lines drown from 1st to 2nd then from 3rd to 4th and then from 5th to 6th, etc. I don’t want lines between 2nd and 3rd, 4th and 5th, etc. I think it can be done using Path and Patch, but could not get it done. I even tried to rearrange my data in a way to draw one line piece with zigzag shape but that too did not work well.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

EK