[Matplotlib-users] Formatting numbers in "nicer" scientific notation

vincent.adrien at gmail.com vincent.adrien at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 21:31:09 EDT 2018

Hi Daniele,

You might be looking for the `MathText`-capability of (some of the?)
Matplotlib formatters. See for example:
- https://matplotlib.org/gallery/ticks_and_spines/scalarformatter.html
-
https://matplotlib.org/api/_as_gen/matplotlib.axes.Axes.ticklabel_format.html
Please find attached a small example on how MathText may help to get
where you want (if I have understood your goal correctly).

Another more advanced fashion may be to write your own formatter with
something like `FuncFormatter`
(https://matplotlib.org/api/ticker_api.html#matplotlib.ticker.FuncFormatter)
but that would definitively be more work...

Hopefully this helps.

Best regards,
Adrien