[Matplotlib-users] matploltib use gpu ?

Michael Droettboom mdroettboom at continuum.io
Mon Jan 25 09:06:41 EST 2016

matplotlib is not intrinsically multi-threaded, so it only uses one core
(and main obstacle there is the GIL, though parts of the Agg rendering
could probably be multithreaded if someone wanted to invest the effort).

However, if you are generating many plots in a row, the problem is
"embarrassingly parallel", and it's quite straightforward to use the python
multiprocessing library for this.

Mike

On Sat, Jan 16, 2016 at 4:39 AM, nice <sazearte at live.fr> wrote:

> ok, i can't use gpu.
>
> But in this case it matplotlib can run multiple processor core?
>
> I have quiad core processor and matploltib use 25% max processor. Can i use
> more ?
>

> --

Michael Droettboom
Continuum Analytics