[Matplotlib-users] Question re: installing basemap in ipython

Paul Hobson pmhobson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 12:01:18 EST 2016

Short story:
you're not going to be able to build from source on windows without a lot
of finicking and maybe a $10,000 grant. You also don't need to operate from
within IPython. The normal command line will suffice.

Install it from Christophe Golke's binaries or conda.
http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/#basemap