[Matplotlib-devel] Gasoline Rainbow: a modernized prism colormap

Michael J. Waters waters.mike.j at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 16:03:48 EST 2020

Hi Greg,

I think having monotonic luminance is good because the viewer still gets
information on the overall position in the data set, not just local
contrast (like with prism).  If there is sufficient interest, I could
try constructing a new version that forgoes linear luminance for
monotonic luminance but still is perceptually uniform.

-Mike