[Matplotlib-devel] Proposal to amend the PR merge rules

David Stansby dstansby at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 06:25:19 EST 2019

Apologies, my previous email was unnecessarily negative...

I think the new system is a good idea, so here's where we seem to be. In
terms of process:

1) PR opened
2) PR gets 1 positive review
3) 2 weeks after review the PR gets *no other significant activity,
*and *qualifies
for simpler review*
4) PR opener or reviewer 1 pings all Matplotlib devs
5) If 2 weeks after pinging no other significant activity has occurred, PR
can be merged by PR opener or reviewer 1

Does everyone agree on this? The bits I've put in bold still need to be
defined; I don't have time now, but can provide a summary of these later.

David