[Matplotlib-devel] upgrade from 2.2.2 to 3.0

Srinivasa Rao srinivasrao.poladi at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 11:59:12 EDT 2018

Hi,

I am using anaconda distribution for windows 10, 64bit. I am trying to
upgrade my current version 2.2.2 to 3.0.0. I have created a new environment
for 3.0.0 within the same desktop. When I compare two versions, for some
code I am getting unexpected output using axes_grid1 functions
make_axes_locatable,  ImageGrid and mplot3d toolkit as explained below

1. When I ran the code from Matplotlib Tutorial for axes_grid1, at
https://matplotlib.org/gallery/axes_grid1/scatter_hist_locatable_axes.html
<https://matplotlib.org/gallery/axes_grid1/scatter_hist_locatable_axes.html>
using 2.2.2 version I am getting expected output as given below
<http://matplotlib.1069221.n5.nabble.com/file/t5188/scatter_hist_222.png>
same code run with 3.0.0 gives this figure
<http://matplotlib.1069221.n5.nabble.com/file/t5188/scatter_hist_300.png>

2. Similarly when I run the code available at
https://matplotlib.org/gallery/axes_grid1/simple_colorbar.html
2.2.2 version gives expected output as
<http://matplotlib.1069221.n5.nabble.com/file/t5188/colorbar222.png>
but same code run with 3.0.0 gives this output
<http://matplotlib.1069221.n5.nabble.com/file/t5188/colorbar300.png>

3. Finally, the code at
https://matplotlib.org/gallery/axes_grid1/simple_axesgrid.html
when run with 2.2.2 gives expected output
<http://matplotlib.1069221.n5.nabble.com/file/t5188/imagegrid222.png>
with 3.0.0 it gives this output
<http://matplotlib.1069221.n5.nabble.com/file/t5188/imagegrid300.png>

4. with 3D plotting using mplot3d toolkit, output figure size is very small
compared to expected size we get with version 2.2.2. Even when I increase
figsize argument, 3.0.0 does not give output anywhere closer to expected
size. This is true with single plot figure as well as multiple subplots in a
figure. However, except the size rest of the plot is as expected.

Appreciate any help in resolving these issues.

--
Sent from: http://matplotlib.1069221.n5.nabble.com/matplotlib-devel-f28077.html