[Matplotlib-devel] Overhaul of arrow plotting

Antony Lee antony.lee at berkeley.edu
Wed Mar 8 17:56:10 EST 2017

I obviously have thought much less about this than you, but is there a
reason why you need separate functions to plot in data and in display
space?  Could you not just (similarly to `text`) plot in data space by
default and let the user pass `transform=ax.transAxes` to plot in display
space?  (Yes, there would be some difficulties regarding the arrow head,
which probably always needs to be plotted in display space -- but it should
be possible to take care of that?)

My 2c,

Antony