[Matplotlib-devel] Long term release schedule

Benjamin Root ben.v.root at gmail.com
Mon May 16 10:44:41 EDT 2016

I think this timeline is reasonable, and it is especially important that we
express this now, so that various members of the python community can use
these statements as evidence to their management that it is time to begin
the transition process in their enterprise.

In my company, one of the things holding us back is the amount of code that
has little if any unit tests. For the codebases that do have decent
coverage, our usage of CI is spotty. So, we target a particular platform
and we never get much opportunity to automatically test other platforms to
ensure that our changes aren't py3k-breaking. What is changing is that
GitLab is improving its CI interface, so -- hopefully -- it'll get better
soon.

If it doesn't, then I guess I'll become the resident py2.7 supporter...

Ben Root