[Matplotlib-devel] Issue with suptitle

Eric Firing efiring at hawaii.edu
Fri Mar 18 20:35:05 EDT 2016

On 2016/03/10 11:51 AM, Isaac Gerg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am currently writing a test suite by which you input your matplotlibrc
> file and it generates you a set of commonly used plots so you can
> examine the aesthetics of your config.
>
> I am having 2 issues,
> 1. How do I make SupTitle centered in matplotlibrc?

There is no automatic way to center it over a column in an array of
subplots, which appears to be what you want to do.  We don't have a
layout engine, so there are many cases like this where positioning has
to be done by figuring out the desired coordinates, perhaps based on
querying other artists to find their bounding boxes, and then entering
them in the function call.

> 2. How do I make the points larger on the scatter plot?

Use the "s" keyword argument to specify the desired area in points
squared.  This will correspond to the size on the screen only if the
figure dpi value is correct for your particular display.

Eric