[Matplotlib-devel] [rfc] a better interchange format for colormaps

Daniele Nicolodi daniele at grinta.net
Wed Apr 20 19:59:15 EDT 2016

On 4/20/16 5:22 PM, Nathaniel Smith wrote:
> I wrote up a little spec to
> standardize a way of storing and distributing colormaps in JSON, with
> the hope that we can convince everyone to implement this and stop
> writing silly little conversion scripts all the time.

While I'm not a fan of Matlab, I think it would be nice to be able to
use colormaps defined in this way with it. It is a few years I'm not
working in Matlab, but at the time there were no built-in tools to read
JSON files. It would be unfortunate if this interchange format would
depend on a large third party library to be used with Matlab.

Cheers,
Daniele